Courses for Industry and Business
No VAT Charges
Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF)
What is this new funding and who is it for?
The Scottish Government has recently announced a new Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) which is available to employers in Scotland who currently pay the Apprenticeship Levy. From 11th September 2017 employers will be able to access training up to the value of Â£10,000. This training will help employers to up-skill their workforce and to address skills gaps within their organisation. The training can only be delivered by Further Education colleges.
What do I need to know?
- The FWDF fund is only available to levy paying employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors
- Employers can access funds to a maximum of £10,000 for 2017/2018 session
- The funds can be used as part payment towards training that is in excess of the award
- Employers can only submit one application to the fund within an application period
- The fund does not support training that is required by legislation. Employers are required to meet their own mandatory requirements
A range of courses will be available to employers to meet their workforce development needs. Further details on these courses will be made available on the College’s website very soon.
The submission deadline has been extended to 28th February 2018 for employers to submit their application forms to the college and all training requirements are to be committed by 30th June 2018.
Further information and application details
Contact our Commercial Training Team:
Telephone: 0141 630 5020
Access to this fund is allocated on a first come first served basis so we advise that you submit an application without delay