Use your creativity to embrace diversity at Glasgow Kelvin College! Take part in our Embracing Diversity Competition running during the academic year 2016/17.
Theme and judging criteria
The theme is “Embracing Diversity” and the aim is to find the most effective expression and communication of this theme according to the following judging criteria:
- Clarity and accessibility of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion message.
- Level of effort shown.
- Originality of concept.
- Quality of work.
- Impact on viewer/audience.
- Scope for awareness raising and promotional work.
Entries can be presented in any format, including:
- A record of relevant community or citizenship activity.
- An engineering, energy or science concept or project.
- An event programme/concept, including community and care, hair and beauty, language, sport, or tourism.
- A building, joinery and shop-fitting, painting and decorating, stonemasonry, bricklaying, plastering, or tiling project.
- A web page, interactive media, computing programme, information database, or blog.
- An item of cookery, baking, cake decoration, sugar-craft, or food and beverage service.
- A business and enterprise proposal, event vision or logistical plan.
- A poem, short story, song, news article, or film/television/radio production.
- A sculpture, piece of craftwork, furniture, jewellery, glass work, ceramic, 3D design, model, product design, or interior design project.
- A piece of graphic design, painting, illustration, poster, pamphlet, banner, photograph, or print.
Note: audio and/or video based entries must not be longer than 5 minutes in duration.
Entering and deadline
Students currently registered and attending a course during the 2016 – 2017 session can enter. Each student can submit up to two entries: one individual and one group entry and each entry must be an original piece of work. The piece of work may be related to your course, or may be something completely different!
Keep your entry, but return your entry form by Monday 1st May 2017. All entry forms must be submitted by 5pm on this date.
You are encouraged to download and complete this entry form…
PDF online form.
Forms should be forwarded to the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Patricia Currie, Easterhouse campus, Room T09. Or emailed to: email@example.com
What happens next
You will be contacted with instructions regarding when and where to submit your work for judging and display. Students/supporting staff are responsible for transporting the entries to and from the judging and display space.
Ensure you have clearly written your name, your lecturer’s name, Faculty, course title, and entry title on the back of your entry, or have attached these details to clearly identify you before you transport and submit your entries.
By completing the entry form, you accept you have cleared all relevant rights relating to any third party content within your submission. The College reserves the right to make copies of submitted entries, e.g. for marketing and promotion purposes. You will, of course, be acknowledged as the author(s) and the intellectual property rights belong to you.