Our merged curriculum of further and higher education will better serve the complex needs of the North East of the city, the rest of Glasgow and Scotland. Glasgow Kelvin College has three strategic aims:
Developing people towards opportunity – helping them access and progress to a wider range of life enhancing opportunities and employment that best suit their needs though experience, qualifications and work.
In learning and skills – ensuring that we design and deliver high quality learning and skills that are relevant for learners needs in their workplaces, communities and the economy.
Equipping people and growing businesses – encouraging enterprise skills and attitudes that will better serve our learners throughout their working lives, will support the creation of new businesses and, support competitiveness and growth in our local businesses and in the economy.
Transforming lives through education.
Glasgow Kelvin College will enhance our learners’ aspirations, careers and lives through accessible, inclusive, high quality lifelong learning.
Glasgow Kelvin College’s ethos derives from its commitment to Excellence, Progression and Enterprise. It seeks to provide learning opportunities of the highest quality, which engage learners from the widest range of backgrounds, and support their progression to employment or to further study. It seeks to develop enterprise in individuals – as a core skill for learning, life and work; and to support enterprise in both organisations and communities – by developing the capacity of both employers and employees and of community representatives.
College plans and strategies documents:
- Access and Inclusion Strategy (2016 – 2020)
- Corporate Parenting Action Plan
- Essential Skills Strategy (2016-2017)
- Financial Strategy (2016-17 – 2021-22)
- Gender Action Plan (2017 – 2018)
- Higher Education Strategy
- ICT Technical Services Strategy
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy
- Risk Management Strategy
- Value for Money Strategy (2017 – 2018)
- Workforce Plan (2017 – 2022)
- Strategic Plan 2017 – 2020
- Strategic Plan 2016 – 2019
- Strategic Plan 2015 – 2017
- Strategic Plan 2014-2016