Glasgow Kelvin College is committed to obtaining value for money in all its procurement activities and ensuring that the procurement of goods, services and works adheres to the College’s Procurement Strategy and Financial Regulations. The Procurement Strategy, endorsed by the Senior Management Team, sets out the procurement direction of Glasgow Kelvin College. The strategy is subject to ongoing development and shall evolve in line with sectorial, regional and national procurement initiatives. A link to the current strategy is given below.
Procurement within the College is devolved into departments. However, any questions relating to procurement of goods and services should be directed in the first instance to the persons listed below:
|Alison Lees||Procurement Manager||Tel: 0141 630 5000 Ext 3571|
|Alan Carr||Head of Finance||Tel: 0141 630 5000 Ext 3531|
Contracts and APUC
Glasgow Kelvin College is a member of Advanced Procurement for Universities and Colleges (APUC) Ltd which is the Procurement Centre of Expertise for 62 Universities and Colleges. APUC Ltd works collaboratively with Universities and Colleges in setting up contracts on behalf of the Higher and Further Education Sectors in Scotland. Glasgow Kelvin College makes appropriate use of these contracts. The APUC account manager dedicated to support Glasgow Kelvin College is Yvonne Dalgarno tel. 0131 442 8944. The College also has access to the following:
- National Higher and Further Education Contracts
- Scottish Public Sector Contracts established by Scottish Procurement (Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate); and
- Government Procurement Service (formerly Buying Solutions) Contracts
Where the College requires goods, services or works that are not covered by agreements set up by the above, the College complies with limits stipulated in the College Financial Regulations (available in the finance section of the website).The terms and conditions used by the College may be found at a link below: GKC Ts&Cs
In accordance with the Procurement Reform Act 2014 our contracts register can be viewed here. http://www.apuc-scot.ac.uk/#!/institution?inst=44
Public Contracts Scotland Advertising Portal (PCS)
Glasgow Kelvin College advertises all tenders above £25,000 through the Public Contracts Scotland Advertising Portal. The Advertising Portal may also be used for smaller value tenders and/or quick quotes.
The College operates an electronic ordering system called P2P which directly interfaces with the College financial package Castle/SUN. The service allows routine purchases to be processed electronically from requisition to payment. The College endeavours to ensure that all requisitions raised are electronic and that the P2P system is used consistently across the entire College.
Sustainable Procurement is defined as ‘a process whereby organisations meet their needs for goods, services, works and utilities in a way that achieves value for money on a whole life basis and generates benefits not only to the organisation, but also to society, the economy and the environment’. Glasgow Kelvin College is committed to achieving sustainable procurement by:
- having a dedicated sustainability committee responsible for delivering a plan for sustainable procurement for Glasgow Kelvin College linked to the achievement levels as set out in the Flexible Framework,
- committing to the Suppliers’ Charter,
- considering the whole life cost of goods and services procured,
- considering the environmental and social impact of goods and services in the tender process,
- communicating and promoting sustainability to all employees and ensuring that it is included in the tender process where appropriate,
- using the Public Contracts Scotland Advertising Portal for goods and services above £25,000.
The College has adopted the APUC Supply Chain Code of Conduct as part of our commitment to conducting procurement activities in a socially responsible manner, and furthermore supports wider engagement by the supply market with the APUC ‘SUSTAIN’ programme to assess suppliers’ supply chain sustainability credentials. Further information please refer to Supply Chain Code of Conduct.