NO VAT CHARGES!
CITY & GUILDS DESIGN, ERECTION & VERIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS (2396)
This is a Level 4 qualification which helps develop the essential, up to date knowledge and techniques needed to professionally design, install, inspect and test electrical systems.
The ability to design is required before new installations are constructed and also when additions/ alterations are required.
Next Course Date ...
Next Exam Date ...
Written Exam Registration Deadline:
- 7th June 2018 (deadline 30th April 2018)
Exam Dates (All exams are from 6.30 to 8.30 pm):
Project to be completed out with the course
You may be eligible for an SDS Individual Learning Account to cover all or part of your course fees.
To request an Application Pack, or to find out more call the helpline free on 0800 917 8000
Upon completion of the course, candidates will have covered and be able to:
- Design electrical installations, performing all necessary calculations;
- Verify that a design complies with the Regulations;
- Conduct an initial verification of a new electrical installation;
- Conduct an initial inspection of an electrical installation;
- Design, verify and inspect electrical installations in compliance with the current safety legislation and BS 7671.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Candidates must be 18 years or over. Before undertaking this qualification candidates should seriously consider undertaking either of the following qualifications as well as obtaining some relevant industry experience:
- City & Guilds Initial Verification (2394)
- City & Guilds Periodic Inspection (2395) or
- The new City & Guilds 2391 qualifications
It is also strongly recommended that candidates have achieved either the City & Guilds Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS7671) (2382) or similar qualifications where candidates have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the 17th edition in order to ensure they have every opportunity of achieving this qualification.
5 Day Block – 3 days one week and then 2 further days around 3-4 weeks later
9.00 am until 4.30 pm
Assessment takes place on course – Yes
Online Exam – No
Written Exam – Yes
Practical Assessment – Yes