Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
Start dateAug 2024
Are you interested in Beauty and Make-up? This introductory course is aimed at young learners aged 18 years and under with no formal qualifications.
This course will provide an exciting and engaging introduction to the Beauty and Make-up Industry. You will develop basic skills in Skin Care, Make-up, Nails and Hair-up.
You will build on your practical and interpersonal skills by training in a realistic salon environment here at Kelvin, providing a full range of Beauty treatments to paying clients.
Method of Assessment
Open book assessment is used to ensure underpinning knowledge. Practical skills are assessed through observation.
What you will learn
Course units include:
- Introduction to Skin care
- Introduction to Nail Treatments
- Introduction to Current Trends in Make-up
- Introduction to Styling long hair
- Introduction to Anatomy
- Digital Skills
- Introduction to Brows & Lash treatments
- Age 18 or under
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry
- A willingness to be worked on and work on others to build your skill set
- If you don’t meet the entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
This course allows you to go on to further studies, so that you can start your career in the Beauty Industry.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 4/5 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry