Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
Start dateAug 2023
This course provides an exciting introduction to the Beauty Industry.
The course has been designed to introduce you to basic Beauty skills whilst improving your English language skills and developing essential skills for employability.
This course will provide the opportunity to develop your skills, you will be taught by a talented team of lecturers as well as having opportunities to work with successful local industry professionals.
You will further enhance your practical and communication skills by training in a realistic salon environment here at Kelvin, providing a full range of Beauty treatments to paying clients
Method of Assessment
Open book assessment will take place throughout the year; practical skills are assessed through observation.
What you will learn
- Beauty Skills an Introduction
- Creative Nail Finishes to Hands And Feet
- ESOL & Communication ESOL in Context
- ESOL for Work, Speaking and Listening
- Introduction to Eye Treatments
- Lower Leg Waxing
- Introduction to Back Massage
- Cosmetology Make up Artistry
- You must have a minimum of National 4 ESOL (or equivalent)
- Selection is based on a group information session and individual interview.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry
- If you do not meet the entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 5 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry