C&G AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRIES
This introductory course allows you to undertake and gain an appreciation of different aspects of Automotive Light Vehicle Mechanics, Body Repair and Refinishing Industries.
You will gain skills and understanding in a combination of the above areas and this can help you progress to an industry approved SCQF Level 5 technical qualification.
What you need to qualify for entry...
- National 4 English
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL level 5
A keen interest to learn skills and knowledge of Vehicle Body, Paint and Mechanics, and the job roles that are available within the sector combined with the drive to succeed are essential.
This course develops the knowledge and skills required for employment and/or career progression within the automotive industry e.g. career progression to a Light Vehicle Technician (Car Mechanic), Vehicle Body Repair (Panel Beater) Technician or a Vehicle Refinishing Technician (Spray Painter).
- Automotive Foundation Skills
- Identify and rectify minor repairs to vehicle body panels
- Vehicle preparation and paint application techniques
- Vehicle Braking Systems and Vehicle Electrical Systems
- Tools and Equipment
- Vehicle Preparation are an integral part of this course.
The course may also include some aspects of industry related project content.
Full Time - 2.5 days per week, this will consist of 1.5 days theory and 1 day practical.
1 Academic Year
August - June.
This may lead to progression within the automotive industry SCQF level 5