CITY & GUILDS ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
The function and purpose of this award is to develop candidate’s knowledge, understanding and skills relating to electrical principles, electrical systems, electrical testing and measurement with specific focus towards electrical installation..
What you need to qualify for entry...
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements to this course, all candidates are expected to undertake and pass a basic aptitude test, which thereafter secures an interview to gain access to the course.
Course units include:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
- Maths Craft 1.
1 Academic Year
August - June.
For those candidates who successfully complete the required units, they will be awarded the C&G Electrical Installations Diploma 2365-02 (SCQF Level 5).
Progression routes to NC in Electrical Engineering for those who wish to enhance their theoretical knowledge in electrical systems and HNC courses may be available to successful candidates as will enhanced employability.