C&G HEATING & VENTILATION INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL INSTALLATION: PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING
This is a full time 36 week course, 21/2 days per week that will allow learners to learn, develop and practice the skills necessary to seek employment in the Industrial and Commercial Heating and Ventilation installation industry.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Persons applying for this programme require to meet the following entry criteria:
- Minimum 2 or more National five qualifications, ideally to include at least 1 science and/or mathematics
- Have proven and acceptable good attendance and timekeeping standards
- Be prepared to undertake some course work out-with college, where it may be applicable
- Be committed to completing the course and all the works entailed within
- Selection will be by extended interview.
This qualification covers many different areas within Heating and Ventilating systems. At City & Guilds level 2 (SCQF Level 5) these include the scientific principles behind Heating and Ventilating systems, as well as learning the basic practical skills associated with the installation of such systems. The course will consist of both classroom (theory) and workshop (practical) activities.
The course contains the following topics within units;
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Scientific Principles within heating, hot & cold water and ventilating systems
- Understand and carry out the installation of heating and hot & cold water Pipework and components for industrial and commercial systems
- Identify and understand heating, hot & cold and chilled water systems layouts, components & equipment
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
The candidates shall undertake practical exercises and on-line multiple-choice assessments to achieve successful outcomes of the above units.
Full Time - 2.5 days per week
1 Academic Year
August - June.
Successful completion of this programme will enhance the learner’s opportunities to gain employment as a Modern Apprentice Heating and Ventilating Installation engineer.
Equally there are articulation routes to other courses within the same engineering sector e.g. NC in Building Services Engineering.