C&G PLUMBING: PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING
This is a full-time 36 week course that will allow learners to explore the skills necessary to gain employment as an apprentice plumber.
Learners will be registered for a City and Guilds 6035 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies, but will not be registered on a formal SVQ programme.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Entry to this course is by successful aptitude test and subsequent second stage interview.
Course topics include:
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical Principles and Processes for Building Services Engineering
- Scientific Principles for Domestic, Industrial and Commercial Plumbing
- Common Plumbing Processes
- Cold Water Systems
- Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Central Heating Systems
- Drainage Systems
- Understand How to Communicate With Others within Building Services Engineering
- Monday am/pm
- Wednesday am/pm
- Friday am
1 Academic Year
August - June.
Successful completion of this programme will enhance the learner’s opportunities to gain employment as a modern apprentice plumber.
Learners may also progress to NC/HNC programmes in Construction and Building Services Engineering or BPEC Gas Foundation programmes aimed at employment in Domestic Gas Industry