C&G PRE-APPRENTICE AUTOMOTIVE BODY & REFINISHING
Delivered at the Springburn campus and aimed at learners interested in a potential career in the automotive industry. The course is designed for learners who keen to learn through theory and within the workshop.
The pre-apprentice certificate and allows you to undertake and gain further appreciation of different aspects of the automotive body repair and refinishing industry. This course includes:
Automotive body repair.
What you need to qualify for entry...
A keen interest in the automotive body repair/refinishing industry and the drive to succeed are essential.
Areas covered include various aspects of:
- Workshop Health and Safety
- Repair Materials and Technical Data
- Body Repair Techniques
- Vehicle Preparation and Paint Application Techniques
- Vehicle Refinishing Materials
- Tools and Equipment
- Vehicle Valeting
- Vehicle Body Repair/Refinishing Operations
- Materials, Fabrication
- Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Identifying and Rectifying Minor Repairs to Vehicle Body Panels
- Motor Vehicle Body MIG/MAG Welding Operations
- Carry out Motor Vehicle Body Resistance Spot Welding Operations
- Remove and Fit Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Components
Full Time - 2.5 days per week, this will consist of 1.5 days theory and 1 day practical
1 Academic Year
August - June.
If you are looking to work in the automotive body repair or refinishing industries, you can progress to an industry-recognised, technical certificate course in the skill area of your choice