This qualification is suitable for learners who hold a practitioner qualification as specified by Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). The key features included in this award focus on the job roles of those aspiring to advance their practice within the Childhood Practice sector.
The award will give learners the opportunity to consolidate and reflect on their own work experience and to advance their learning beyond that of practitioner role. Learners should be working in or have access to a placement in the Childhood Practice sector.
What you will learn
The PDA consists of 5 mandatory double credit HN Units at SCQF level 8 allowing leaners to achieve 80 SCQF credit points.
- HT8J 35 Enhanced Professional Practice
- HT8K 35 Leadership and Team working
- HT8L 35 Integrated Working and Collaborative Practice
- HT8M 35 Policy to Practice
- HT8N 35 Pedagogical Approaches
This course has 4 SVQ units.
- DR47 04 Develop and Implement Operational Plans for your Area of Responsibility
- DR75 04 Provide Leadership in Your Area of Responsibility
- DR93 04 Plan for and Support Self-Directed Play
- H5WH 04 Prepare the Childcare Setting for Regulatory Inspections
This complete course is worth 120 SCQF credit points.
This qualification is suitable for leaners who hold a practitioner qualification in the sector that allows registration by the SSSC as a Practitioner at SCQF level 7. In addition, learners should be working in, or have access to a placement in the childhood practice sector.
You may be eligible to apply for a part-time fee grant from Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) for the courses at SCQF Level 7, 8 and 9. For more information, contact SAAS.
Learners can progress to the HND Childhood Practice or use the credits towards entry to the BA Childhood Practice or the PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF level 9. Both these qualifications are the SSSC registration requirements for manager/lead practitioner.