Civil Engineers and Technicians play a pivotal role in society and are fundamental to all aspects of the built environment, from the design and construction of iconic structures to the provision of underground services.
This Foundation Apprenticeship course allows you to develop the skills required by modern professional Civil Engineering Technicians, and provides an insight to the many career options available. You will study the principles and practices utilised by engineers and consultancy teams working in the fields of renewable energy, roads and bridges, floods alleviation, commercial buildings, marine works, and environmental protection.
As well as achieving a National Certificate (NC) in Civil Engineering, you will commence your SVQ level 3 Site Technical Support portfolio and you will gain valuable work experience whilst undertaking work placements.
By the end of the programme, you will have completed common units of the Modern Apprenticeship and significantly enhanced your employability skills.
What you will learn
National Certificate in Civil Engineering-
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Civil Engineering Project
- Civil Engineering Site Work
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer-Aided Drafting: An Introduction
- Construction Site Surveying: An Introduction
- Health and Safety in the Construction Industry
- Mathematics: Craft 1
- Mechanics for Construction: An Introduction
- Mathematics for Construction technicians
- Construction Project Management: An Introduction
- Sustainability in the Construction Industry
Students should have achieved their Nat 5 maths before commencing the course, as well as another 3 Nat 5 qualifications.
Applications from students in S5 are welcomed.
Modern Apprenticeship in Engineering Disciplines
- HNC/D in Civil Engineering/ Engineering related subjects
- Graduate Apprenticeship