Qualification Qualifications ExplainedHNC
Study ModeFull Time
1 Year - 2.5 Days per week
Start dateAug 2024
Our HNC Computing course is a one-year full-time course, which will allow you to develop the skills required in the IT industry such as planning, developing, and evaluating, leading to a variety of employment opportunities
You will be introduced to a variety of computing topics including software development, networking, working in a project team. You will also develop an understanding of computer hardware, installation and maintenance techniques, which are required to work in the expanding software sector.
The course will develop essential programming skills and provide a foundation for further study covering aspects of software development and mobile applications. You will use industry standard techniques for the creation of web sites. This course is also ideal if you are considering a career in the provision of security and support for networks and IT.
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Developing Software: Introduction & Programming Foundations
- Computer Architecture
- Troubleshooting Computer Problems
- Team Working in Computing
- Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
- Building Networks
- A relevant* higher at grade pass C. This could be: Computing, Information Systems, Mathematics, English or Physics.
- Mature applicants with a proven background of working in a related environment are welcome to apply.
This HNC qualification may allow you to progress to year 2 (HND Computing) in a variety of specialist areas (Software Development, Computer Science, Networking, Cyber Security).
The qualification can provide access to degree level courses provided by universities.