This course is only available to school students. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
An introductory course designed for people with a passion for skincare and Make-up.
This course is for aspiring Make-up artists or those wishing to improve their skills and learn the basics of skincare and Make-up.
Through practical workshops you will be introduced to the basic skills and creative techniques used by professional Makeup Artists to produce current looks inspired from Instagram Trends.
Additionally, the creation of an online Folio will provide the opportunity to develop your Digital Skills.
Method of Assessment
Open/Closed book assessment is used to ensure underpinning knowledge. Practical skills are assessed through observation.
What you will learn
Skincare and Make-up:
- Introduction to skincare
- Classic Day and Evening Make-up
- Smoky Eyes
- Spotlight and Cut Crease
- Current Creative Make-up Trends
- Digital skills: Microsoft Teams and One Note
- Introduction to social media for the Beauty Industry
- Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Working as part of a Team
- Senior Phase School pupil
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm in Skincare and Make-up is required.
- A willingness to be worked on and work on others to build your skill set
Days Per Week Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1.30 pm to 4 pm
Campus You can take this course at our Easterhouse campus
Following completion of further training you can be employed in a Hair Salon, Cruise ship or you may wish to be self-employed.
- NQ L5 Beauty
- NQ L5 make-up Artistry