Qualification Qualifications ExplainedAccess
Study ModeFull Time
1 Academic Year - 3.5 Days p/w
Start dateAug 2024
This Access programme is ideal for you if you want to develop a career in Early Learning and Childcare but you may have few, or no, qualifications and you have been out of education for more than 5 years. However, if you have the life skills and experience to underpin this learning, you can start your new career pathway on this programme.
The course will provide you with a work placement in an Early Learning and Childcare setting, 1 day per week.
What you will learn
Course units include:
- Child Development
- Child Development: Theory
- Play in Early Education and Childcare
- Children’s Rights
- First Aid
- Additional Support Needs
- HIV, Hepatitis B and C Infections
- Communications Higher, ICT and Numeracy.
Candidates will be assessed using essays, class-based exams and presentations.
- Whilst there are no formal qualifications required you must have good written and spoken communication skills.
- You must have been out of formal education for a minimum of 5 years.
- You will be required to attend an interview and undertake a written exercise as part of the recruitment process for the programme
- You should be able to study at SCQF level 6 or above
Please note: Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check prior to commencing placement in an Early Learning and Childcare setting.
The course could lead to the development of your career in Early Learning and Childcare practice
The breadth of this course content, together with successfully achieving the SQA units, will provide you with the opportunity to progress to HNC Childhood Practice (SCQF Level 7).