ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION APPRENTICE PRE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMME
The following programme has been created to provide theoretical knowledge and practical skills and experience to persons who are looking to secure an Electrical Installation Apprenticeship.
It is anticipated that for candidates who apply themselves correctly, that opportunities to obtain work placements with electrical contracting employers whilst on the programme, will increase the possibility of gaining an apprenticeship, and from that, full time employment.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Persons applying for this programme require to meet the following entry criteria:
- Minimum 3 or more National five qualifications, ideally to include at least 1 science and/or mathematics
- Have proven and acceptable good attendance and timekeeping standards
- Be prepared to undertake some course work out-with college, where it may be applicable
- Have clear goals and focus on becoming an electrical installation apprentice
- Be committed to completing the course and all the works entailed within
The course comprises of a number of theoretical units and practical projects that have been associated with what would be included in the apprenticeship scheme. This process is to ensure there is a relatively straightforward progression from the course onto an apprenticeship, having gained much of the knowledge and understanding of electrical principles and the necessary practical skills required to be applied by an apprentice electrician.
The above programme is provided in association with the Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust (SECTT), who co-ordinate the electrical apprenticeship programme for, and on behalf of electrical contracting employers.
Course Duration: 18 weeks
Delivery duration per week: 2/1/2 days
When will the course begin: Week Beginning January 14th
Whilst there are no guarantees of an apprenticeship from undertaking the above, it historically has been proven that employers are much more likely to start an apprentice from such.