Qualification Qualifications ExplainedHNC
Study ModeFull Time
1 Year - 2.5 Days per week
Start dateAug 2023
Are you interested in fashion and business? This course, developed in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU), is the perfect opportunity for you. Not only will you get to study in a supportive college environment, but you'll also have the chance to move on to the second year of the BA (Hons) International Fashion Branding course at GCU.
This course is perfect for you if you want to gain qualifications at some of Scotland's top institutions. You'll learn all about the fashion industry, from design to manufacturing, trend forecasting, range planning, and marketing. It's an exciting opportunity to kickstart your career in fashion and business. So, why wait? Sign up now and let's get started!
What you will learn
Here are just some of the skills this HNC course will cover:
- Forecasting the latest trends in Fashion.
- Planning for new Fashion Ranges
- Buying for the Fashion Industry
- Marketing and Promotion in the Fashion industry
- Digital Imaging (Photoshop + Illustrator)
Applicants should have the following:
- NC Group award in Fashion or equivalent OR
- NC Group award in Business or equivalent OR
- Other relevant industrial experience from the worlds of fashion or business which can be discussed and assessed at interview OR
- Minimum of one SQA Higher (SCQF Level 6) in a written discipline such as English, History, Modern Studies etc.
Direct employment in the retail fashion industry.
Successful completion of the course (you must achieve a minimum of an ‘A’ pass for the Graded Unit) will result in an offer to articulate directly to a second year program in the fashion department at Glasgow Caledonian University.
It would also be possible to continue studying to HND level of this award at a partner College.
It may also be possible to articulate to either year 1 or 2 of a variety of degree level courses across a range of UK universities with this qualification.
Real Industry Connections
The fashion department has close links with a variety of local fashion companies and employers.