The fitness industry is a rapidly expanding sector and this course will help you to develop your career, from grass roots to high level performance.
Your learning will take place in our one of our high-performance gyms and in a classroom, but often out in the fitness industry itself.
Your assessments on this programme take place throughout the year but at a time when you are ready to be assessed.
You will have the opportunity to work with organisations in the public, commercial or voluntary sector. There will also be an opportunity to gain additional industry recognised qualifications such as Metafit, Spin, Boxing and Kettlebells
A PVG will be required to undertake the mandatory placement which is embedded in the course.
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Human Anatomy, Physiology & Exercise
- Work Placement
- Residential Experience
- Coaching Development
- Information Communication Technology
- Nutrition, Health & Wellbeing
- First Aid
- Three National 5 or equivalent qualifications.
- A passion for exercise and health along with a good level of fitness is essential.
- Mature learners with experience but no formal qualifications will be considered on merit.
- Minimum level 6 (higher) ESOL
- Gym Instructor
- Group Exercise Coach
- Pursue careers in local and private fitness facilities
You may have the opportunity to progress to HNC or HND in:
- Games Coaching and Development
- Football Coaching and Development
- Fitness, Health & Exercise
- Adventure Sports Coaching