Qualification Qualifications ExplainedSVQ
Study ModeFull Time
1 Academic Year
Start dateAug 2023
Are you interested in Hairdressing? - This Introductory course is aimed at young learners aged 18 years and under.
This course will provide an exciting and engaging introduction to the Hairdressing Industry.
You will develop basic skills in Hairdressing that will provide you with the with the knowledge, skills and understanding to be a Hairdressing Assistant
You will further enhance your practical and interpersonal skills by training in a realistic salon environment providing a range of treatments to paying clients.
You will be provided with an essentials Hairdressing kit, juts right for this level of learning.
Method of Assessment
Evidence for assessment is gathered from a range of the following:
- Open book assessment
- Portfolio of evidence
- Reflective diary on own practice in an appropriate working environment
- Written assignments
- Projects/case studies
- Task based controlled assessment.
- Practical skills are assessed through observation
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Introduction to Shampoo
- Introduction to Blowdry
- Introduction to Current Trends in Styling Hair
- Digital Skills
- Age 18 or under
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the Hairdressing industry is an advantage.
- A willingness to be worked on and work on others to build your skill set
- If you don’t meet entry requirements, you may be directed to other College courses.
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL Level 5 or equivalent for NC/NQ courses
- Employment as a Salon Junior
- SCQF Level 5 Hairdressing
- SCQF Level 5 Beauty
- SCQF Level 5 Barbering