HNC CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT - DAY RELEASE
This two year, day release class is designed to provide in-depth insight into the roles, responsibilities, and duties performed by Construction Management Trainees in the Building Industry.
The HNC in Construction Management is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to allow you to gain employment in the built environment sector and to progress to a higher education or professional body qualification.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Entry is open to anyone who can demonstrate, by formal qualification or otherwise, a reasonable expectation of successful completion of the chosen course of unit(s).
Admission to 1st Year will be open to any applicant who has the following:
- Any Higher qualification - Grade C or above with National 5 Maths (Grade C). OR
- Suitable construction qualifications and/or experience. OR
- NQ in construction related subject.
Course topics include:
- Construction Technology: Substructure
- Building Services in Large Buildings
- Building Services: Introduction
- Site Administration
- Construction Technology: Domestic Construction
- Construction Materials and Specification
- Standard Forms of Construction Contracts
- CAD: 2D1
- HNC Construction Management: Graded Unit 1
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Construction Technology: Industrial/Commercial Superstructure
- Construction Site Surveying.
Students can expect to spend £40 on course materials.
2 Academic Years.
August - June.
- Day Release Year 1 – Tuesday am/pm
- Day Release Year 2 – Monday am/pm
Successful completion of the HNC Construction Management and a Graded Unit result 'B' will gain the candidate an opportunity to progress to Glasgow Caledonian University.
Day Release / Evening Class additional info
The cost of the course is £642.50 per year.
This course attracts Part-time Fee Grant (PFG) funding of around £514 per year. To qualify for a PFG you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 16 years plus
- Earn £25000 or less
- Be a resident of Scotland for at least 3 years.
- You must have your PFG in place within 1 month of the course start date.
There are no Fee Waivers for this course.