HNC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING - EVENING CLASS
Are you working in Scotland’s Engineering industry? Do you wish to develop your skills? Do you wish to enhance your career progression? Or are you working full time in another field and want to become an Electrical Engineer? Are you stuck in a rut?
You can come along to our course in the evenings and open up a whole new career as a professional engineer!
The HNC Electrical Engineering award is designed to develop your knowledge of Electrical Engineering. This programme will develop your ability to analyse and solve electrical engineering problems, and to apply knowledge, understanding and skills to electrical circuits, power systems, electrical machines and safety systems. It will also develop your practical skills in using electrical and electronic equipment
What you need to quality for entry ...
There are 4 ways you can join our course:
- 2 Highers at grade C or above – should include Mathematics and, preferably, Physics OR
- A NC in an appropriate Engineering subject OR
- Successful achievement of a Foundation Apprentice Engineering award OR
- Learners with relevant industrial experience in lieu of formal qualifications – we are happy to consider applications.
Entry may be by informal interview where candidates without formal qualifications may be asked to demonstrate their suitability for the course.
You will build up a wide understanding of Electrical Engineering theory, plus you will be able to perform hands on hardware and software practical work with electrical and electronic instruments and programmable logic controllers.
Course topics include:
- Electrical Principles
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Three Phase Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- High Voltage Electrical Safety
- Network Analysis
- Application of Electrical and Electronic Instruments
Two Evenings per Week – usually 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday nights
Your course will last 2 Academic Years
It will run from August - June.
The HNC award will also allow you to apply to apply for a range of university courses.
Students who obtain an HNC in Electrical Engineering are very welcome to join our HND course in Electrical Engineering.
As this course is aimed at people working full time in industry it is possible to convert your HNC in to an HND on a day release and day time infill basis.
We are happy to offer this over a period of two years or three years depending on work commitments.
Evening Class additional info
This course attracts Part-time Fee Grant (PFG). To qualify for a PFG you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 16 years plus
- Earn £25000 or less
- Be a resident of Scotland for at least 3 years.
- You must have your PFG in place within 1 month of the course start date.
There are no Fee Waivers for this course