HNC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - EVENING CLASS
This two-year course allows you to study mechanical engineering to SCQF level 7.
During your studies you will gain knowledge and will be given opportunities to apply what you have learned and in doing so develop skills such as problem solving and critical analysis, both essential to a career in engineering.
What you need to quality for entry ...
- Two Higher grades (One must be Mathematics or Physics) OR
- NC in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical/Electronic Engineering OR
- Successful achievement of an Foundation Apprentice Engineering award OR
- any other suitable qualification at the discretion of the faculty. All other qualifications and experience will be considered.
You will be invited to an interview where you can find out more about the course and GKC.
The HNC introduces you to the classical, well-established subject areas associated with mechanical engineering.
Evening Class - 2 Evenings per week.
2 Academic Years
August - June.
Successful completion of the HNC Mechanical Engineering award allows you to progress onto the HND Mechanical Engineering programme, apply for university, or seek employment in industry.
Evening Class additional info
The cost of the Evening course is £642.50 per year.
This course attracts Part-time Fee Grant (PFG) funding of around £514 per year. To qualify for a PFG you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 16 years plus
- Earn £25000 or less
- Be a resident of Scotland for at least 3 years.
- Your application must be with SAAS no later than three months after your course starts.
There are no Fee Waivers for this course.