HND TV PRODUCTION
This course will enable you to develop a range of specialist skills including camerawork, production, lighting, sound and digital video editing while making a variety of programmes from video to documentary.
As a music faculty with rock, pop and traditional music performers, this course is ideal for those interested in the production of music videos although other interests can be pursued.
What you need to qualify for entry...
By interview and presentation.
All prospective candidates will be required to give a presentation (topic will be given in advance) and you will be interviewed.
Ideally we look for:
- Minimum 1 Higher Grade pass (grade C pass minimum) in English OR
- An appropriate range of NQ units or equivalent.
- Mature students over 23 without appropriate qualifications but with relevant experience may be given entry
Course topics include:
- Video Production and Editing
- Camera Operation and Technique
- Lighting, Location recording and Sound
- Television Research
- Production Skills
- Audio Post Production
- Vision Mixing
- Law and the Communication Industries
- Employment Experience
- Television Production Management: Non Factual and Factual Programmes
- Graded Unit.
2 Academic Years
August - June.
If you wish to study on a part-time basis you should provide information about this in their personal statement and at interview.
Possible direct entry to 2nd/3rd year of relevant Degrees or if you are seeking employment, you could be considered for Video Production, Assistant Camera Operator, Sound Assistant, Production Assistant, Assistant Video Editor or Production Runner.
Share this course!
The video footage below showcases student work...