If you are a lover of sport and looking for an introductory level course, then this programme is for you! This course, is designed to introduce you to Sport.
Your learning will take place in our one of our high-performance gyms, games hall and a classroom, but often out in the industry itself.
You will experience a range of sports throughout your time with us, such as Paddle Boarding, Skiing, Football, Badminton and Volleyball. This course contains practical elements, which includes water sport and sports sessions, which you must be physically fit to undertake.
Your assessments on this programme take place throughout the year but at a time when you are ready to be assessed.
You will have the opportunity to work with organisations in the public, commercial or voluntary sector. There will also be an opportunity to gain additional industry recognised qualifications such as Boxing, Football and Volleyball.
A PVG will be required to undertake the mandatory placement which is embedded in the course.
What you will learn
Course content may include:
- first aid
- hill walking
- white water rafting
- Skills for employment
- Three National 5 or equivalent qualifications.
- A passion for sports, along with a good level of fitness is essential.
- Mature learners with experience but no formal qualifications will be considered on merit.
- All candidates will participate in a recruitment process.
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL National 5 (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
The programme will help you work towards launching your career in the Sports industry
You may have the opportunity to progress to a range of level 5 and 6 sports programmes within the College.
Real Industry Connections
The Level 4 teaching team have worked in the sporting industry for many years. We specialise in PT, Gym Management, Group Exercise, Football, Adventure Sport and various Sports. The staff have all worked for both the private and public sector, both home and overseas.