During your studies you will have opportunities to develop your skills, confidence and independence by taking part in work related activities as well as working on projects in a classroom environment. The course includes learning about the world of work and getting involved in a community project.
The Intro to Work course is a one year, full-time course with SCQF Level 2/3. The course aim is to give the learners a wide range of skills from units that can enhance practical learning and possible progression to Employability and Citizenship
What you will learn
Course topics include
- Practical Abilities: Making Journeys
- Self and Work;Investigating the Work Place
- Practical Abilities; independent Living
- Practicial Abilities; Personal Finance
- Food, Health and Wellbeing: Independent Living Skills
- Developing Skills in Creative Arts with a Scottish Context
This course offers you a chance to make friends and develop the skills you need to go into the workplace and to take your place in your community. You will be offered support at all times learning in an environment with supportive staff who want you to achieve your very best.
You do not need to have any formal qualifications, but you should have
- Have a learning difference
- Can work at National level 3.
- Interested in Volunteering
FT Employability and Citizenship
FT Steps to Work