NC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING - DAY RELEASE
This NC level 5 course covers all the subjects required for an NC but also has a strong emphasis on practical skills and is intended for those interested in developing skills for a career in the fast moving electrical engineering industry.
It will give you the knowledge to understand the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity and introduce you to the hand skills required for electrical installation and for building electronic circuits.
What you need to quality for entry ...
You can join our course by three methods:
- A minimum of Four National 4 qualifications including Mathematics and a Science subject, or passes at Intermediate 2 or Standard Grade (at levels I-3) in Mathematics, English and a technical subject.
- Successfully complete our NQ Level 4 in Engineering.
- Learners with relevant industrial experience in lieu of formal qualifications – we are happy to consider applications.
Applicants may be asked to visit the college for a taster/information session where we can determine if this course meets your learning needs.
The course includes electrical theory, plus hands on hardware and software work.
Electrical and Electronic Theory:
- Electrical Principles
- Power Systems
- Earthing Systems
- Electrical Safety
- Electrical Machines
- Electrical Plant Maintenance.
Practical hands on work:
- Information Technology
- Electrical Testing and Measurement
- Electrical Wiring Skills
- Fundamental Electronics
- Installation of Conduit Systems
- Soldering and Circuit Assembly Techniques.
How long is The Course?
Day Release - 1 Day per Week
2 Academic Years
August - June.
What can you do next?
The NC Electrical Engineering qualification should allow you to progress to study our courses such as:
- the NQ in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (level 6),
- or the HNC in Electrical Engineering Day Release