NQ INTRODUCTION TO HAIR, BEAUTY & MAKE UP ARTISTRY
This course will provide an exciting and engaging introduction to the Hair, Beauty and Make-up Industry. You will develop your skills and be taught by a talented team of lecturers as well as having opportunities to work with successful local industry specialists.
You will further enhance your practical and interpersonal skills by training in a realistic salon environment providing a full range of Beauty treatments to paying clients.
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- Selection is based on a group information session, and individual interview.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry is an advantage.
- If you don’t meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
Course topics include:
- Beauty Skills an Introduction
- Creative Nail Finishes to Hands and Feet
- Cosmetology Make up Artistry
- Current trends in Make-up
- Introduction to Eye Treatments
- Lower Leg Waxing
- Shampoo and Conditioning
- Basic Hairstyling
- Competition Skills
- Digital Skills
1 Academic Year
August - June.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 5 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry