NQ MAKE UP
Provides an exciting introduction to Make-up Artistry and Current Trends within the Beauty Industry
Whether you want to become a freelance make-up artist, or work in a Beauty salon, this course has been designed to develop your skills, you will be taught by a talented team of lecturers as well as having opportunities to work with successful local industry professionals.
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
Selection is based on a group information session, and individual interview.
A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry is an advantage.
Course topics include:
- Facial skin care
- Day Make Up & Basic Corrective Make Up
- Bridal & Evening Make Up
- Face painting
- Introduction to Theatrical Make-up
- Artificial Nail Enhancement: Tips & Overlay
- Eye Enhancements
- Current Trends for Brows and Lashes
- Hair, Beauty & Make Up: Competition Technical Skills
- Hair, Beauty & Make Up: Portfolio Presentation
- Hair setting & styling Techniques for media
- Customer service
- Essential Skills
1 Academic Year
August - June.
On successful completion of this course, you will have the opportunity to progress to employment or a Level 6 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry