PDA CONTEMPORARY CORSETRY (EVENING CLASS)
This course is aimed at those who wish to develop their folio of skills by producing the ultimate bespoke Victorian corset with unique embellishment.
You will research the history of the Victorian corset and its ability to create the ‘hourglass’ silhouette, enabling you to develop a range of contemporary design ideas.
This course is ideal for dressmakers and students alike who have an interest in bridal/eveningwear and costume design.
What you need to qualify for entry...
No formal entry requirements.
Individuals must have an interest in Corsetry.
See Duration for times dates and course length
Corset production will closely follow the traditional methods of pattern construction and production techniques, including eyelets, boning, busks and lacing. A range of samples will be produced demonstrating specialist surface decoration techniques such as applique, embroidery and beading. The final product will be an ornate, handcrafted garment which enhances the figure and showcases an understanding of specialist skills.
- Researching the history of Victorian corsets
- Design development to create a range of contemporary ideas
- Traditional pattern construction for a bespoke corset
- Production techniques incuding eyelets, boning, busks and lacing
- Developing a range of skills to demonstrate specialist decoration techniques such as applique, embroidery and beading
- Manufacturing the final bespoke product which enhances the figure and showcases an understanding of specialist skills
Duration 12 Weeks.
Tuesday evenings - 3 hours per night - 6.00 to 9.00 pm.
Starts 22nd October 2019
Ends 24th March 2020
Millinery: Advanced F18R 35 or P.D.A. in Textile Accessories at SCQF level 7 – group award code G9F7 47 or may link with and articulate to other HN awards.
Cost £300 - includes a £60 corsetry kit