This course will fully prepare you for a craft apprenticeship in Bricklaying.
The course aim is to improve employability prospects by developing the learners
- Practical knowledge and skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Transferable skills in construction related areas within the industry.
- Improve employment prospects by providing a qualification in Health & Safety and prepare learners for Construction Skills Certification (CSCS).
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and CV assistance.
What you will learn
In addition to a range of introductory Bricklaying units, you will also undertake units on H & S, Construction Drawing, Numeracy and ICT.
- Half Brick Walling: An introduction
- One Brick Walling: An introduction
- Fundamentals of Cavity Walling
- Block Walling: An introduction
- Construction Occupation Practices
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Additional units in
- Simple Arch Construction
- Simple Decorative Brickwork
This course has no formal entry requirements, but applicants must have a genuine interest in the trade and have a desire to gain an apprenticeship on course completion.
This course will be delivered via a blended learning approach using classroom/digital online and practical workshops.
While the pre-apprenticeship course is in bricklaying there are many transferable skills and attitudes gained throughout the progress of the course which may lead to employment in other apprenticeships/careers within the sector.