This course will provide you with the confidence and skills required to become a craft apprentice in Carpentry & Joinery.
The course aims are to improve employability prospects by developing the following.
- Carpentry & joinery practical knowledge and skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Transferable skills that can be related to areas within the construction industry.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills (CV assistance)
The course will also provide you with a qualification in Health & Safety and further prepare you for the Construction Skills Certification (CSCS) test.
What you will learn
- In addition to a range of Carpentry & Joinery units, you will undertake activities on
- Health & Safety, Construction Drawing, Numeracy and ICT.
- Carpentry and Joinery: An Introduction
- Develop Bench Joinery Skills
- Manufacture Joinery Components
- Carpentry and Joinery Repair and Maintenance
- Construction Occupation Practices
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Additional units in
- Develop Constructional Carpentry Skills
- Develop Site Joinery Skills
The course has no formal entry requirements, but applicants should have a genuine interest in carpentry & joinery and be aiming to gain a craft apprenticeship on course completion.
The course will be delivered via blended learning using classroom and online activities along with practical workshop activities.
While the pre-apprenticeship course is in carpentry & joinery there are many transferable skills and attitudes gained throughout the progress of the course which may lead to employment in other areas within the construction sector.