Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
1 Academic Year - 2.5 Days p/w
Start dateAug 2024
This one year, full-time course will equip you with the skills and underpinning knowledge to build your career in the sports industry and allow you to advance to HNC or HND Sports Coaching & Development or HNC or HND Adventure Sports Coaching and Development.
This course contains practical elements, which include water sport and sports sessions, which you must be physically fit to undertake.
Initially, you will sample the two sporting disciplines (Games & Sport and Adventure Sport) and then you can choose which sport you want to specialise in.
What you will learn
Course content may include:
- first aid
- hill walking
- white water rafting
- Skills for employment
- Three National 5 or equivalent qualifications.
- A passion for the outdoors, exercise and health along with a good level of fitness is essential.
- Mature learners with experience but no formal qualifications will be considered on merit.
- Minimum level 6 (higher) ESOL
- All candidates will participate in a recruitment process.
The programme will help you work towards launching your career in the Sports industry
You may have the opportunity to progress to a range of level 5 and 6 sports programmes within the College.