This City and Guilds SCQF level 4 course is provided over one year on a full time basis for learners desiring to achieve qualifications in the vehicle maintenance and repair industry.
The course is structured to allow the learner to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the automotive industry
What you will learn
The course is a combination of knowledge and practical activity across all areas of the motor vehicle to include subjects such as:
- Vehicle Technology and Workshop Processes
- Routine Maintenance
- Vehicle Fuel and Exhaust Systems
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Vehicle electrical Systems
- Vehicle Spark Ignition Systems.
All summative practical assessments are performed in a motor vehicle repair workshop environment and summative knowledge assessment by on-line multiple-choice testing.
Certification of this qualification to a considerable extent relies upon the learner’s capability to gain essential knowledge (on-line multiple choice tests) perform practical tasks to industry standards and build/complete relevant portfolios.
Successful learners will be awarded a City and Guilds Diploma in Vehicle Systems
- A minimum of 3 national 4 or above grades in English, Mathematics and Science.
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL level 5
This may be waived at the discretion of the course leaders.
All applicants will be interviewed and may in some cases be required to sit an aptitude test.
Completion of the course can lead to higher level courses or possible employment and a Modern Apprenticeship opportunity in the Motor Industry.