Reminder - Nextbike Competition
Get the chance to win an annual Nextbike membership*!
The Nextbike competition is still on at Glasgow Kelvin College!
Are you a student at GKC? If yes, you can take part in our competition and get a chance to win a Nextbike membership!
To enter the competition, you only need to answer this simple question:
What do you like the most about cycling and/or Active Travel?
Be CREATIVE and write a short text, take a photograph or make a short video to share your passion about cycling and Active Travel and send it to Sandra Lavergne at firstname.lastname@example.org **
The selected winners will receive a FREE annual Nextbike* membership! (Nextbike provides a public cycle hire scheme in Glasgow)
Please, contact Sandra at email@example.com if you have any questions about the competition and/or the Terms & conditions.
Good luck everyone!
**An entry form is also required. Please contact Sandra to get further information
More FREE Dr Bike sessions at GKC
Did you miss the last Dr Bike sessions? Don’t worry, there will be more to come!
- West-End campus: Tuesday 12th November from 12 to 1 pm, near the cycle shelter - in collaboration with Lambhill Stables
- East-End campus: Wednesday 13th November from 12 to 1 pm, at the main entrance - in collaboration with On Bikes
As a reminder, these sessions will provide students, staff and the local communities with the opportunity to get a FREE maintenance check on their bikes by skilled mechanics.
We are very excited to run for the very first time, a ‘Be Bright, Be Seen’ event.
With the nights drawing in, we’re looking to raise awareness of the importance of wearing brightly coloured clothes, using high visibility items when travelling by bike so that you can be easily be seen by other road users.
It will take place at Springburn campus on Thursday 14th November between 8 and 10 am.
The event includes:
- A Free Dr Bike session delivered by Bike for Good – Get your bike serviced for free and ride safely.
- Free Bike Marking by Police Scotland – Get a security marking on your bike to deter potential thieves as your bike can easily be traced if it is stolen.
- Free breakfast – Warm up with tea or coffee and don’t forget to bring your reusable cup!
Cycle to the College and you’ll get Free lights / hi-viz jackets, thanks to Glasgow City Council.
Everyone is welcome!
To get more information, follow us on Twitter @GkcSustain and on Facebook @sustainGKC.
As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please be in touch with Olga, our Campus Cycling Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandra, our Active Travel Officer at email@example.com
These events are organised thanks to the support of the Smarter Choices, Smarter Places Open Fund, delivered by Paths for All.