NQ INTRODUCTION TO BEAUTY & MAKE UP ARTISTRY
An introductory course designed for young people with a passion for Beauty /Make-up
This course is for aspiring Beauty Therapists/Make-up artists or those wishing to improve their skills and learn the basics of Beauty and Make-up.
Through practical workshops you will be introduced to the basic skills and creative techniques used by professional Beauty Therapists /Makeup Artists to produce current looks inspired from Instagram Trends.
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- Selection is based on a group information session, and individual interview.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the Beauty industry is an advantage.
- National 4 English/ National 5 ESOL
- If you don’t meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
Course topics include:
- Beauty Skills an Introduction
- Cosmetology Make up Artistry
- Current trends in Make-up
- Introduction to Eye Treatments
- Lower Leg Waxing
- Salon Skills
- Competition Skills
- Digital Skills
1 Academic Year
August - June.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 5/6 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry