NC BUILDING SERVICES: ENGINEERING
The National Certificate is aimed at providing learners with an introductory level of knowledge in the basic principles of Building Services Engineering. The course is 1 year Full-Time.
The course focus is on the design, installation, maintenance and management of a building services systems i.e. Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning, Electrical & Plumbing.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Intermediate 2/National 5 or Higher Maths.
Candidates with an equivalent NC or a National Progression Award in Building Services Engineering will also be considered.
Course topics include:
- Construction Technology and Design
- Building Services Engineering Science
- Building Services Engineering Technology
- Building Services Engineering Thermofluids
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation Technology
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Heating and Plumbing Technology
- Graphical Detailing
- Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Building Services Design Project
- Refrigeration Technology.
1 Academic Year
August - June.
Upon successful completion the learner receives a National Certificate in Building Services Engineering and possible progression route to the Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering.