HND COMPUTING: NETWORKING WITH CYBER SECURITY
A two-year full-time course (year 1 can be certificated to HNC Computing).
HND Computing: Networking has an emphasis on Networking, Network Infrastructure and cyber security. As such, the course will prepare you for employment in the fields of networking, technical support and cyber security within the Computing and IT industries.
The course also includes vendor qualifications CISCO Networking and CISCO IT Essentials, Cyber Security and credit toward CCNA.
What you need to qualify for entry...
- 1 relevant* higher at grade pass C.
- Mature applicants with a proven background of working in a related environment are welcome to apply.
- Nat 5 English or Communication/ESOL at Higher or IELT 5.5 or above
*Relevant Higher: Computing, Information Systems, Maths, English or Physics.
Direct Entry to year 2 Computing is by interview only
Course topics include:
- Security Concepts
- Computer and Server Operating Systems
- Supporting users and troubleshooting desktop applications
- Computer networking
- Cloud computing
- Server administration
- Troubleshooting computer problems
- Developing software
- Data security
- Cyber security
2 Academic Years
August - June.
If you wish to study on a part time basis, you should provide information about this in your personal statement.
Successful completion of the course enables progress to appropriate degree courses.