NQ INTRODUCTION TO HAIRDRESSING WITH MAKE-UP
Are you interested in Hairdressing - This Introductory course is aimed at young learners aged 18 years and under with no Formal qualifications?
This course will provide an exciting and engaging introduction to the Hairdressing Industry you will develop basic skills in Hairdressing and Make-up
A range of L4 Cosmetology and Skills for Work units will help to develop your skills in Hair and Make-up
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- Age 18 or under
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the Hairdressing industry is an advantage.
- A willingness to be worked on and work on others to build your skill set
- If you don’t meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL level 5 or equivalent for NC/NQ courses
Course topics include:
- Introduction to Shampoo
- Introduction to Blowdry
- Introduction to Current Trends in Styling Hair
- Digital Skills
- Introduction to current trends in make-up
1 Academic Year
August - June.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 5/6 course within one of the following areas.
- L5 Hairdressing
- L5 Beauty
- Employment as a Salon Junior