NQ INTRODUCTION TO BEAUTY SKILLS & MAKE UP
Are you interested in Beauty and Make-up - This Introductory course is aimed at young learners aged 18 years and under with no Formal qualifications?
This course will provide an exciting and engaging introduction to the Beauty and Make-up Industry. You will develop basic skills in skin care, Make-up, Nails and Hair up.
You will further enhance your practical and interpersonal skills by training in a realistic salon environment providing a full range of Beauty treatments to paying clients.
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- Age 18 or under
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry is an advantage.
- A willingness to be worked on and work on others to build your skill set
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL level 5 or equivalent for NC/NQ courses
- If you don’t meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
Course topics include:
- Introduction to Skin care
- Introduction to Nail Treatments
- Introduction to Current Trends in Make-up
- Introduction to Styling long hair
- Introduction to Anatomy
- Digital SkillS
- Introduction to Brows & Lash treatments
1 Academic Year
August - June.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 4/5 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry