C&G LEVEL 2 - CERTIFICATE IN BARBERING
MADE: The Academy for Modern Barbering @ Kelvin - Our unique course offers the chance to train with industry professionals to develop the skills and knowledge required to launch a successful career within the world of barbering.
MADE: The Academy for Modern Barbering @ Kelvin brings a recognised training brand delivered by experienced current industry barbers and Glasgow Kelvin College lecturers and assessors. We provide dedicated barber training resulting in certification along with current practice skills to enhance employment prospects via a fast track course model.
What you need to qualify for entry to this course
- applicants require no prior knowledge but display a real interest and enthusiasm for the barbering industry
- Through fast track learning must bring self-motivation and a requirement to dedicate personal time to succeed
- must be 16 yrs or over at the start of the course
- applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL level 5 or equivalent
Successful trainees will complete the course with a City & Guilds Qualification and be invited to graduate with GKC.
This course is intensive fast-track training including theoretical and practical elements.
Units and additional learning will provide knowledge and practical skills in:
- Working in the industry
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Tools, products and equipment - kit will be provided for candidates to own
- Consultation process
- Shampooing, conditioning and massage techniques
- Cutting men’s hair
- Cutting and shaping men’s facial hair
- Styling men’s hair
- Social media profile building
- Employability skills including building a client base
Full-time fast track short course
4 day per week
Monday to Thursday 9.30am till 4.45pm (subject to change, discussed at application stage)
Rolling start dates throughout the year
- Progress into industry employment
- Level 3 City and Guilds barber training at another establishment
- Freelance Barber