NQ BEAUTY AND MAKE UP
An exciting introduction to all aspects of the Beauty Industry.
Creative, dynamic, trend focused…. is this you?
This new course is designed for you if you have a passion for the Beauty Industry
Through practical working salons you will be introduced to the basic skills and creative techniques used in Industry, you will be taught by a talented team of lecturers with fantastic opportunities to work/ train with leading brands including Dermalogica, Loreal, and NSI providing additional industry recognised diplomas through a series of workshops and online learning
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- Must be 16 year or over at the course start date.
- National 4 or other equivalent qualification or relevant work experience
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL level 5 or equivalent for NC/NQ courses
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the Beauty industry is an advantage.
- If you don’t meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
Course topics include:
- Facial Skin Care
- Contemporary make-up Skill
- Massage Techniques
- Day Make-up and Basic Corrective Make-up
- Salon Skills
- Digital Skills
- Work experience with our community partners will be a compulsory requirement of the course and will be essential in building your confidence and personal development.
1 Academic Year
August - June.
This course on completion will provide you with the qualifications and essential skills needed to secure employment within the Beauty Industry, or to progress onto further study at Level 6 within your chosen area of the Beauty Industry
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry