NQ INTRO TO FITNESS, HEALTH & EXERCISE
This one year, full-time course will equip you with the skills and underpinning knowledge to gain employment in the fitness industry and allow you to advance HNC/D Fitness, Health and Exercise, HNC/D Sports Coaching & Development or HNC/D Adventure Sports Coaching and Development.
This course contains practical elements, which includes fitness sessions, which you must be physically fit to undertake.
What you need to qualify for entry...
- Four National 4 or equivalent qualifications.
- A passion for the outdoors, exercise and health along with a good level of fitness is essential.
- Mature learners with experience but no formal qualifications will be considered on merit.
- Minimum level 6 (higher) ESOL
Course topics include:
- Human Anatomy, Physiology & Exercise
- Work Placement
- Residential Experience
- Coaching Development
- Information Communication Technology
- Nutrition, Health & Wellbeing
- First Aid
1 Academic Year
August - June.
- Games Coaching and Development
- Football Coaching and Development
- Fitness, Health & Exercise
- Adventure Sports Coaching
- Gym Instructor
- Group Exercise Coach
- Pursue careers in local and private fitness facilities.