Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNC
Study ModeDay Release
2 Academic Years - 1 Day p/w
Start dateAug 2023
The National Certificate is aimed at providing learners with an introductory level of knowledge in the basic principles of Building Services Engineering. The course is 1 year Full-Time.
The course focus is on the design, installation, maintenance and management of a building services systems i.e. Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning, Electrical & Plumbing.
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Construction Technology and Design
- Building Services Engineering Science
- Building Services Engineering Technology
- Building Services Engineering Thermofluids
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation Technology
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Heating and Plumbing Technology
- Graphical Detailing
- Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Building Services Design Project
- Refrigeration Technology.
- Three National 5 qualifications at grade C to include Maths or Physics.
- Or suitable construction qualifications and/or experience.
- NQ L5 courses in related subjects.
Upon successful completion the learner receives a National Certificate in Building Services Engineering and possible progression route to the Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering.