The National Certificate is aimed at providing learners with an introductory level of knowledge in the basic principles of Building Services Engineering. The course is 1 year Full-Time.
The course focus is on the design, installation, maintenance and management of a building services systems i.e. Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning, Electrical & Plumbing.
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Construction Technology and Design
- Building Services Engineering Science
- Building Services Engineering Technology
- Building Services Engineering Thermofluids
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation Technology
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Heating and Plumbing Technology
- Graphical Detailing
- Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Building Services Design Project
- Refrigeration Technology.
- Three National 5 qualifications at grade C to include Maths or Physics.
- Or suitable construction qualifications and/or experience.
- NQ L5 courses in related subjects.
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL Higher (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
Upon successful completion the learner receives a National Certificate in Building Services Engineering and possible progression route to the Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering.