The Student Charter sets out the general principles of the partnership between students and Glasgow Kelvin College. It applies to all registered students of the college whether studying in one of the College’s five campuses, or any of the outreach centres affiliated with the college.
We work in partnership with our students so they can make the most of their learning experience and feel proud to be a Glasgow Kelvin College Student.
We have expectations of our students and we respect that you will also have expectations of us as we form a partnership to reach our goals.
What we expect from you...
- Be respectful and courteous to all
- Engage actively in your learning to achieve your goals
- Participate fully in College life and to shape our future direction
- Attend classes and complete work on time to fulfil your full potential
- Be responsible for your own learning and progress
- Have a student voice and be represented on the Board, its committees and other College committees
- Explore and enjoy your learner journey in and out of the classroom
- Build relationships to grow and develop citizenship skills
- Take responsible care of your health and safety and that of others
- Keep cameras on, when possible, during online lessons
- Remember that online lessons are private spaces so respect the privacy of others by not sharing content
- Be aware that our campuses are close to residential housing and be respectful to our neighbours
What you can expect from us...
- Provide an equitable, inclusive and welcoming environment
- Facilitate learning to help you achieve your goals
- Provide opportunities to co-create your learning and support you to shape your learner journey
- Provide learning resources, ongoing support and feedback
- Facilitate freedom to express and debate views within the law
- Provide access to a range of services to support your needs
- Offer impartial guidance to support all stages of your learning journey
- Provide opportunities to be active in the student association and wider College activities
- Provide you the opportunities to be represented at all levels of College life
- Treat you with respect in line with College values, policies and procedures
- Protect all collected student data in line with our GDPR Privacy Notice
- Be responsible for your Health and Wellbeing while attending College