HNC BUILDING SERVICES: ENGINEERING
This 2 year day release HNC course leads to a qualification recognised by employers and professional bodies within the building services engineering sector.
The course prepares the learner for a range of technical, professional and management careers in Building Services Engineering..
What you need to qualify for entry...
At least one of the following:
- An HNC or NC in a related discipline, e.g. NC in Building Services.
- An SVQ or equivalent related to Building Services disciplines with a good standard of academic qualifications.
- Successful achievement of an Foundation Apprentice Engineering award.
- Those with other qualifications and levels of experience within the Building Services Engineering sector.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a pre-entry interview.
Course topics include:
- Design Principles and Application
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
- Analytical Methods
- Building Services Engineering Science
- Piped Distribution Services
- Energy Utilisation and Efficiency
- HVAC Control Strategies
- Maintenance and Quality Assurance in Building Services
- Health and Safety in the Building Services Industry
- Building Services Project Management
- Final Year Project.
2 Academic Years.
August - June - 36 weeks.
- Monday - 1st Year Day Release. Wednesday 2nd Year Day Release.
Please specify your chosen mode of study in your application ie Day Release.
Upon successful completion the learner receives the Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering and the opportunity to articulate to year 2 of an appropriate degree course.
The qualification entitles the learner to apply for membership of professional bodies, such as CIBSE, who are registered with The Engineering Council, for the designated title of 'Engineering Technician' (Eng.Tech.).
The cost of the Evening course is £642.50 per year.
This course attracts Part-time Fee Grant (PFG) funding of around £514 per year. To qualify for a PFG you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 16 years plus
- Earn £25000 or less
- Be a resident of Scotland for at least 3 years.
- Your application must be with SAAS no later than three months after your course starts.
There are no Fee Waivers for this course.