HNC BUILDING SERVICES: ENGINEERING
This HNC course leads to a qualification recognised by employers and professional bodies within the building services engineering sector.
The course prepares the learner for a range of technical, professional and management careers in Building Services Engineering..
What you need to qualify for entry...
Entry is open to anyone who can demonstrate, by formal qualification or otherwise, a reasonable expectation of successful completion of the chosen course of unit (s).
Admission will be open to any applicant who has at least one of the following:
- A pass in Higher Maths or Physics. Or pass in any Higher subject (grade C or above) with National 5 Maths.
- A suitable SVQ qualifications and/or experience.
- NQ L6 in related subject or successful achievement of an Foundation Apprentice Engineering award.
- Those with other qualifications and levels of experience within the Building Services Engineering sector.
Course topics include:
- Design Principles and Application
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
- Analytical Methods
- Building Services Engineering Science
- Piped Distribution Services
- Energy Utilisation and Efficiency
- HVAC Control Strategies
- Maintenance and Quality Assurance in Building Services
- Health and Safety in the Building Services Industry
- Building Services Project Management
- Final Year Project.
1 Academic Year
August - June.
Upon successful completion the learner receives the Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering and the opportunity to articulate to year 2 of an appropriate degree course.
The qualification entitles the learner to apply for membership of professional bodies, such as CIBSE, who are registered with The Engineering Council, for the designated title of 'Engineering Technician' (Eng.Tech.).