HNC CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
This full-time course is designed to provide in-depth insight into the roles, responsibilities, and duties performed by Construction Management Trainees in the Building Industry.
The HNC in Construction Management is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to allow you to gain employment in the built environment sector and to progress to a higher education or professional body qualification.
What you need to qualify for entry...
The HNC Construction Management Full-Time course is a unique opportunity to complete a recognised qualification within 1 year and giving candidates the chance to progress to HND Level or University, to further their qualifications and career aspirations.
This is also an excellent course for learners in the Senior Phase of secondary school where learners can enhance their potential prospects for employment in the Construction Industry in a supervisory role.
Entry is open to anyone who can demonstrate, by formal qualification or otherwise, a reasonable expectation of successful completion of the chosen course of unit(s).
Admission to full-time will be open to any applicant who has the following:
- Any Higher qualification - Grade C or above with National 5 Maths (Grade C). OR
- Suitable construction qualifications and/or experience. OR
- NQ in construction related subject.
Course topics include:
- Construction Technology: Substructure
- Building Services in Large Buildings
- Building Services: Introduction
- Site Administration
- Construction Technology: Domestic Construction
- Construction Materials and Specification
- Standard Forms of Construction Contracts
- CAD: 2D1
- HNC Construction Management: Graded Unit 1
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Construction Technology: Industrial/Commercial Superstructure
- Construction Site Surveying.
Students can expect to spend £40 on course materials.
1 Academic Year
August - June.
Successful completion of the HNC Construction Management and a Graded Unit result 'B' will gain the candidate an opportunity to progress to Glasgow Caledonian University.