HNC FASHION BUSINESS
This unique course has been developed in co-operation with Glasgow Caledonian University to provide students with the opportunity to gain an HNC in Fashion Business in a supportive FE college environment but with the exciting opportunity to articulate directly to the second year of the BA (Hons) Fashion Business course at Caledonian.
This course would benefit individuals who perhaps did not gain sufficient school qualifications to directly access a place at University but would still have the ultimate goal of obtaining a degree level qualification at one of Scotland’s most highly regarded institutions.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Applicants should have the following:
- NC Group award in Fashion or equivalent
- NC Group award in Business or equivalent
- Other relevant industrial experience from the worlds of fashion or business which may be discussed and assessed at interview.
- Minimum of one SQA Higher (SCQF Level 6) in a written discipline such as English, History, Modern Studies etc.
Here are just some of the skills this HNC course will cover:
- Forecasting the latest trends in Fashion.
- Planning for new Fashion Ranges
- Buying for the Fashion Industry
- Marketing and Promotion in the Fashion industry
- Digital Imaging (Photoshop + Illustrator)
Full Time - 2.5 days per week
1 Academic Year
August - June.
Successful completion of the course (candidates must achieve a minimum of an ‘A’ pass for the Graded Unit) will result in an offer to articulate directly to a second year program in the fashion department at Glasgow Caledonian University.
It would also be possible to continue studying to HND level of this award at a partner FE college.
It may also be possible to articulate to either year 1 or 2 of a variety of HE degree level courses across a range of UK universities with this qualification.